It has been entirely too long since I last updated, but life has been extremely busy and exciting. The crew and I have completed numerous jobs in the past few months all over 4 states. Last week I spent some time in the capital city of Indiana at a Hilton hotel. Let me tell you, I stay a lot of crappy hotels, but a night in a luxury hotel felt wonderful. No gross bathrooms, this one even had Neutrogena soaps and shampoos. I felt a little redneck being so excited about soap, but you gotta take what you can get! Breakfast made to order in the hotel every morning instead of pre-made food out of a box, a guy can get used to this. If only every week I got to spend my time in a nice hotel, it would make being away from home a little more tolerable.
I got promoted to field manager recently which has totally changed my time at work. I'm "the man" on the job-site now, which at times is frustrating, at other times a very rewarding experience. I continue to develop my management style as well as my administration skills when I'm home in a-town in the office. I'm excited to see what else I will get to experience in this new role and what awesome projects will be completed by myself and the crew in the coming months. As a company we are approaching the first megawatt of solar installed (1,000,000 watts)! With only a few more projects we will crest the megawatt and move on to adding more and more megawatts as the years go on! Till next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment